YAMUNA® BODY ROLLING
Anyone who has had some experience with YBR®, wishes to go deeper into their own self-evaluation and possibly become a certified practitioner is welcome to enroll in this certification program. Please note that you are required to attend the full 10 day training in order to receive continuing education credits.
The YBR® Certification program is taught over 10 days, either as an intensive, over two 5 day periods, or over a variety of days for locals. and in the USA is given 66 CECs.
This course is currently recognized by: NCBTMB, Florida State Continuing Education, NATA,PMA, Yoga Alliance and the College of Massage Therapists of British Colombia.
Experiential anatomy lessons are the core of the YBR® curricula. This provides students with the foundation needed to develop confident therapeutic skills. We start you at the beginning feeling your own muscles from origin to insertion. Knowing how to find and feel your own muscles are crucial to problem solving and helping others to heal themselves. Teaching skills are gradually integrated with ongoing study and practice of YBR routines so that students get YBR into their own bodies and they empower their own students and clients to become fixers of their own bodies.
- Open Book Written Exam - Multiple Choice, True/False, Short Essay
- Hands-on Assist Practical (1 hour) - You will be asked to perform hands-on assists on the instructor.
- Teaching a class Practical (1 hour) - The instructor gives you the focus class at the time of the exam.
- Each practical is scheduled with the certifying instructor of your choice.
- There is a fee of $100 for each individual practical and that is paid directly to the Certifying Instructor testing you out.
- We ask that your testing, both written and practical, be completed within 1 year of completing teh course
Registration and Agreement Forms:
Click here to download Registration & Agreement forms.
Tuition and Fees
In the USA the price is $2200 for full 10 day course. Please check the calendar as price will vary depending on country.
- Please check the calendar for our training event schedule.
It is HIGHLY recommended to have the AnatomyU app on your tablet or mobile deviceAdditional Fees - Payable directly to your instructor:
- Practitioner Kit
- Silver Ball
- Gold Ball
- Pearl Ball
- Pair of Calf Balls
Please inform us if you already own products above.
Suggested reading:Body Rolling: An experiential approach to complete muscle release by Yamuna Zake and Stephanie Golden - $20 USD
Note: You have one year to register for phase 2 from the time you complete phase 1. Upon Certification your relationship with us is that of an independent contractor.The following is required in order for you to maintain in good standing:
Benefits of YBR Certification and Membership:
- Signed Independent Contractor Agreement
- Valid proof of CPR
- Valid proof of insurance listing YZ Studio, Inc. as an additional insured (in U.S.A. only)
- Annual membership dues of $150 will be collected by June 30th of every year.
- Attend a recertification course every two years
Foundations: Experiential Anatomy/Phase 1 (18 hours over 3 days) Principles & practice The Posterior Thigh: Hamstrings and External Rotators The Posterior Calf Muscles The Back and Spine The Anterior Thigh: Quadriceps Group The Anterior Calf: Tibia and Fibula The Inner Thigh: Adductors The Anterior Torso The Chest and Neck WorkIntermediate & Advanced Study: Phase 2A & 2B (48 hours, can be taken in 8 days or 2x 4 days) Experiential anatomy continued Variations of basic routines Advanced routines Hands-on assists for classroom use and for one-on-one sessions Teaching techniques and practiceNote that you are not qualified to teach YAMUNA® Body Rolling after completing Experiential Anatomy/Phase 1
- You will be listed on the www.yamunausa.com website
- Unlimited support in your practice
- Your emailed questions answered within 48 hours
- Frequent emails with information on commonly presented pathologies and how YBR can be used for those clients
- Purchase most YBR products at wholesale prices. Certain guidelines may also apply.
- Be a part of our private Yamuna Facebook community
- Access to the Practitioner's Area where you are able to:
- Edit your profile
- List local classes and workshops you are teaching
- Access to the online Newsletter
- Place online orders
- Access blog